So you are thinking about signing up to box in one of our Ultra White Collar Boxing events. Here's some information to answer some of the common frequently asked questions.
+ WHAT WILL TRAINING BE LIKE?
Be prepared to be put through the paces. It will be hard but it will be the most rewarding thing that you will do and will give you a sense of achievement.
Training will be approximately 2 sessions a week and will be weekday evenings or weekends.
+ WHAT KIT DO I NEED TO BUY?
You will need 16oz gloves, hand wraps and a gum shield for training. For fight night you will need to buy shorts and a groin guard. Ultra White Collar Boxing will provide vests, gloves & head guards on the event night.
+ WHO DO I CONTACT FOR HELP OR ADVICE?
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us via:
+ WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME?
You are expected to commit to 8 weeks training and make as many of the 16 sessions as possible. We want you to:
- Work hard & enjoy yourself
- Use the 'I am Boxing' Facebook cover image
- Pledge to raise a minimum $100 for the Canadian Cancer Society via a JustGiving page
- Sell tickets to friends and family (this can be standard, VIP or a combination).
+ WHAT WILL THE EVENT BE LIKE?
The event will be well run and organised, with the medical provision the same as professional boxing. It will be a professional event, and will make you feel like a superstar on the night.
+ I'VE SIGNED UP, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- You will receive a confirmation email from us inviting you to join a Facebook group. Please make sure you join this group as information will be posted in there across the 8 weeks.
- We will email you with details regarding your fundraising page.
- You will receive contact from your area rep within 14 days of signing up.
- We will invite you along to a registration meeting where we will give you all of the information about the process and give you chance to ask any questions.
- Training starts!
For more information, visit our 'Whats Involved' Page.
+ CAN MY COMPANY SUPPORT ME?
If you have a company that would like to support you they can just donate to your Canadian Cancer Society page, suggested donation is $100. You will then be asked for their logo about two weeks before the event. Your chosen company will then have their logo printed on the back of your vest and will be mentioned throughout the night.
+ HOW DO I SET UP MY FUNDRAISING PAGE?
When you sign up you will receive an email from us with a link to the Canadian Cancer Society website, you will also see the link on the website after you have signed up. If you do not get this email, here's how to set up your page.
- Click this link to our Canadian Cancer Society page
- Fill out your details to create your account.
- Follow the steps on the website.
- Share your page with friends and family.
+ HOW DO I GET TICKETS?
Tickets are available online via EventBrite.
+ WHEN WILL THE WEIGH IN BE?
The weigh in will be approximately 7 days before your event. You are required to attend the weigh in to find out who you are fighting and have face off photos taken.
Join your event Facebook Group(link emailed when you sign up) to keep up-to-date with all the latest news for your event.
+ WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE LIMIT?
The minimum age required is 18. Everyone who wishes to attend the events must also be over 18.
+ HOW WILL I BE MATCHED WITH MY OPPONENT?
You will train as a group for 8 weeks. At the end of the training you will be matched with somebody else from that group who is a similar weight, ability, fitness and age to you. We ensure the fairest matches possible at all of our events.
+ CAN I GET ADVICE ON NUTRITION?
Yes, you can get some great advice on our nutrition page.
+ CAN I GET ADVICE ON EXTRA TRAINING?
The boxing gym will be able to give you advice on extra training. You can also click here for more tips.
+ CAN I BE INSURED?
All participants are insured at the event by Bluefin Insurance.